Certified Scrum Master
Is your organization ready for Scrum?
Certificate: Certified Scrum Master, CSM
Duration: 2 days
As more and more organizations around the world are embracing Scrum for developing software and other products, the need for solid training increases. A company-wide transition to Scrum means a different mindset, and a different philosophy to achieve a better result in the end.
This course is aimed at people who work, or would like to work, in Agile Scrum teams. The objective of this two-day course is to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to work effectively in an Agile Scrum team; in roles such as Product Owner, ScrumMaster or Scrum team member. You will learn more than the basic framework in this course. You will also understand the underlying principles and specific techniques needed to help your team achieve project success.
This exclusive training is designed for those considering working in or with a Scrum team:
- Scrum Team Members
- Product Owners
- Program Managers
- Project Managers
- Team Leaders
- Software Architects
- System Analysts
- CIOs and CTOs
At the end of this course, you will understand:
- The principles of Agile and Scrum
- How to describe and participate in all parts of the Scrum framework
- How to launch a Scrum team
- How Scrum helps organizations cope with change
- How to apply a common lexicon of project management terms and principles
- Pragmatic practices for planning, project execution, and progress reporting
- The ScrumMaster’s role and how it is different from a project manager’s role
Participants are required to have a basic understanding of the principals of Scrum. This information is available on the Scrum Alliance website.
Why select B2B Learning’s Certified ScrumMaster Course
- B2B Learning provides you with high-quality training materials developed by ITPreneurs and a unique learning experience.
- Training materials are up-to-date and in-line with the requirements by the Scrum Alliance.
- B2B Learning works with ITpreneurs and a global network of partners to deliver Scrum training courses. This means that there is a partner in your area and that we can deliver CSM as in-house or public course.
- Experienced instructor (see trainer profile) who is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) and has a solid understanding of the Scrum framework and knows how to implement Scrum in organizations.
About the Test
At the end of the course participants are prepared to take and pass the Certified ScrumMaster Test, which will be available online following the course. Participants have 90 days after completing the course to register for the Test. The cost for the Test is included in the course.
The evaluation takes approximately 60 minutes to complete and consists of a combination of multiple-choice and true/false questions. Participants will be required to demonstrate their understanding of key Scrum elements during the evaluation. The cost of the evaluation is included in the cost of the course.
1. Introduction to Scrum
- Concepts of Agile
- Scrum Basics and Roles
- Scrum Ceremonies and Artifacts
2. Scrum Methodology
- Estimation Techniques, Planning Poker and Velocity
- Product Backlog and User Stories
- Sprint and Release planning
- Sprint Burn Down Charts
- Release Burn Down Charts
- Release Management
- Tracking Progress in Scrum and Metrics
- Sprint Review and Retrospective
3. Scrum Team Dynamics
- Collaboration, Negotiations and Team Communication, Team Roles and Responsibilities
- Empower team and adaptive leadership
- Team challenges for Agile adoption
- Managing distributed teams
- Soft issues and cultural diversity
- Transition teams to Scrum
4. Situational Exercises
- Writing User Stories
- Sprint and Release planning